A solid estate plan is important for people of all ages and life stages. The primary goals of a plan will change throughout your lifetime, but the need for planning to reach those goals does not. For example, a young family needs to focus on care and financial security for minor children. Other clients may focus on how to transfer a unique asset, such as a lake cabin or family business. Still others might simply want to transfer their assets as quickly and efficiently as possible while avoiding unnecessary taxes and red tape.
In the absence of a properly executed estate plan, state law dictates who is in charge of settling your estate, who inherits your assets, and who makes your financial and health care choices in the event of incapacity.
It is important to have a plan tailored to your circumstances. It is equally important that you understand how your plan works.
Our estate planning services include:
- Wills and Trusts
- Estate Taxation
- Probate and Trust Administration
- Family Partnerships and LLCs
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
- Business and Professional Corporations
- Limited Liability Companies and Partnerships
- Business Succession Plans and Buy Sell Agreements
- Sales and Purchases of Businesses
- Nonprofit Corporations
- Residential and Commercial Transactions